SmartGov Permit Portal
Permit application Process
Apply for permits and licenses, pay fees, and interact with Town staff using our new SmartGov Permit Portal. This system is available to access 24/7.
*NOTICE: Street Cut and Wastewater permits cannot be obtained through the Smartgov system. Street Cut Permits may be obtained at the Public Works Department offices located at 107 Roy Cole Drive in Clarksville. Wastewater permits may be obtained at the Wastewater Billing Office located on the first floor of Clarksville Town Hall, 2000 Broadway Street.
What All Can You Do Via SmartGov Permit Portal?
- Apply for certain Permits, Licenses, and Zoning Approvals
- Report code violations pertaining to the Town Ordinances (to come at a later date)
- Submit drawings and other documents for review
- Pay permit fees
- Request an inspection
- Look up pending applications, issued permits, and inspection results
- Review parcel information
- Access zoning petitions, building permits, trade and business licensing, and code enforcement.
How To Log On to the SmartGov Permit Portal
In order to access the SmartGov Permit Portal, all users must set up an account with an active email address. Once you have a registered account, you may log in. Link coming soon, April 1st.
How To Pay Permit Fees
The SmartGov Permit Portal will accept online payments such as credit cards, debit cards, and electronic checks. Those who wish to pay with cash or check may do so at our office location.
No Internet Access / Uncomfortable With Submitting an Online Application?
Applicants who do not have internet access, or are uncomfortable with submitting an online application, can visit our office to access the SmartGov Permit Portal at one of our selected stations. We will have staff members on site who will happily assist you through the application process.